22 August 2007

Propaganda Posters -- Part Deux

I wrote before about my wife finding a book of WWI and WWII propaganda posters. It seems that I am not the only person to be enamored of these historical images. Keith Ball, online gamer extraordinaire, has compiled a collection focused on WWII that rivals and even surpasses that pulled together for the Dover Clip Art Book.

This collection definitely has a broader base, including posters from Nazi German, Imperial Japan, and Soviet Russia along with the well known British and American images. While I had heard the slogans before, this was my first look at propaganda posters from the Vichy French.

Thanks go out to the folks at Digg.com for pulling this one into the internet's communal consciousness.

read more digg story

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home